The MERI (Managing Electronic Resource Issues) project at the University of Salford has created a set of workflows to describe the various processes involved in managing electronic resources. The resulting documentation consists of workflow diagrams for the management processes, checklists that accompany and are cross-referenced with the workflows, and finally a catalogue of all the workflow stages. The catalogue includes a proposed mapping between the workflow stages described by MERI and the functionality required for the SCONUL ERM Shared Service. However it should be noted that the final documentation for the proposed SCONUL ERM service adopts a different mapping between functionality and the workflows described here.
The documentation is posted here for completeness, and is also made available as a set of Google Docs via the MERI Blog.
Checklists (references in Workflows):
- A1. Database Selection (pdf)
- A2. E-Journal Selection (pdf)
- B2. E-Journal Change of Title (pdf)
- C. Change of Publisher (pdf)
- D. Change of Platform (pdf)
- F. Addition of e-access (pdf)
- G1. Database ceases publication (pdf)
- G2. E-Journal ceases publication (pdf)
- H1. Database subscription renewal (pdf)
- H2. E-Journal subscription renewal (pdf)
- I1. Database subscription cancellation (pdf)
- I2. E-Journal subscription cancellation (pdf)